Pages

Thursday 31 October 2013

Dear Lola,

We are getting into a nice little rhythm around here. 

You both rise at 8am, and we share toast, cereal, scrambled eggs & last nights dreams around the breakfast bar. 

We play, get dressed and farewell papa.

I put Maeve down for a sleep, and we do morning craft. 

We usually head out for a few hours when Maeve wakes. 

Home in time for lunch and naps. (Lunch for me involves juggling making a sandwich whilst settling Maeve in my arms, something I'm getting slightly more efficient at)

Throw in a couple more feeds, a few tears, lots of rocking & plenty of laughter, and just like that it's 3:30pm. At which time you'll find me glancing up at the clock every five minutes, in excited anticipation for papa to arrive home shortly after 4:30.

Other days we'll head out again after your nap, but lately Lola, you have been preferring to stay in and just relax & play with Maeve. By play I mean sing, dance, read and rock her to sleep. You are such a big help.

Our rhythm will no doubt change as you both grow, but I'm loving & cherishing the now, and not wishing it away for one second. Okay, well maybe that time between 3:30 and 4:30 could go a little faster, but who's complaining! 




Average morning scene at our place

You are meant to be sleeping & I'm meant to be eating lunch.

Writing a shopping list

You two are inseparable at home.


Morning craft while Maeve sleeps.


One guess who you are staring up at. Yep, your big sister.

Your mama

2 comments: