Pages

Sunday 27 May 2012

Dear Lola,

I feel like I have a bazillion ideas for our home floating around in my head. Walking into any one room conjures up images & ideas that I have for every nook, cranny & crevice we own. Lucky for us Papa is the biggest go getter I know, has his own brilliant ideas brewing & gets to work acting upon them in record timing. He has a pinterest account and I don't. Enough said.

This past week we have added a few special touches to your room.

Papa had some awesome ideas of what to do with a beautiful piece of birch that fell down in the recent winds.

A shelf was made.



And a coat rack.



A huge black board was mounted in your room to your squeals of delight.



And as if that wasn't enough for one afternoon, as I was getting you up from your nap, Papa was busy in the shed whipping you up a pencil stand. Ready for you to use before you had time to say "Draw please!".



 Oh and the small space in between your chester drawers and the wall has officially become "Fort Lola', thanks to a rack handle and a table cloth we picked up at an op shop in New Zealand. I always thought it would come to good use.




Time for a rest, but not before we draw & play hide and seek. One guess where I'll find you hiding!
Your mama



3 comments:

  1. Ah, how nice it must be to have a handy man for a husband! Love these little details Ash, what a gorgeous little house you must have. It inspires me to do something here! Perhaps finally finish Hamish's playroom?! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's no handy man he's Martha Stewart - haha - don't tell marty that!
    Yes!! Bring on that playroom... would love to see pics! Getting creative around the home is seriously one of my favourite things to do. Needless to say I have a looonnng 'to do' list! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. All your projects are just so cute. You have great ideas!

    Ashley @ The Stork and The Beanstalk

    ReplyDelete